Tax-Free Weekend (VA)


Every summer since I moved back to DC I've taken on the biggest shopping challenge of the year...no not bathing suit shopping...BACK TO SCHOOL shopping! I take my tween cousin back to school shopping and let me tell you there is nothing more challenging than letting a pre-teen loose in the mall then trying to edit her choices. 

For all I think I know about shopping, fashion and person style it only takes one 
"Bre-Bre nobody wears that anymore..." to put me in my place! 

I usually try to stick to an age-related budget...this year she turned 15 so I'm giving her $150 to spend on back to school gear. Lucky for both of us that money will go farther this year as areas around Washington, DC celebrate sales tax holidays

First up is Virginia; from Friday, August 3 through Sunday, August 5 shoppers will enjoy a sale-tax exemption* and deeper discounts on select essentials including apparel, footwear, electronics, backpacks and more for the upcoming school year.


To get the most bang for your back to school buck check out your local outlet malls. My favorite? An oldie but goodie, Potomac Mills, which was a required stop on I-95 on the way back from the water park growing up! 

Potomac Mills is the largets outlet mall in Virginia and is not only participating in Virginia tax-free weekend, but is also offering even deeper discounts at select retailers, including Bloomingdale's -The Outlet Store, DKNY Company Store, J.Crew | Crewcuts, and more.


And like any good celebration Virginia tax-free weekend at Potomac Mills comes with gifts...Virginia residents will receive a free gift, while supplies last. Beginning Friday August 3, the first 250 shoppers to stop by Guest Services in Neighborhood 4 and show a valid Virginia ID will receive a complimentary Potomac Mills reusable shopping tote.**

Not to be outdone, Last Call by Neiman Marcus is offering and additional 50-65% off 
of select clearance merchandise from Wednesday, August 1 through Monday, August 6


2700 Potomac Mills Circle 
Woodbridge, VA 22192
[Immediately off I-95; 30miles from DC]
~
Mon-Sat
10AM - 9PM
Sun
11AM - 6PM
 (703) 496-9330
~

TAX-FREE SHOPPING AT POTOMAC MILLS MEANS MORE BANG FOR YOUR BUCK ON BACK-TO-SCHOOL MUST-HAVES

*Each eligible school supply item must be priced at $20 or less, and each eligible article of clothing and footwear must be priced at $100 or less. For details, visit School Supplies and Clothing Holiday.

**Must be at least 18 years of age. Limit one per person.

1 comment:

  1. It is quite beneficial, although think about the facts when it reaches this target. here

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think! #breaellis or #weariwent

Powered by Blogger.