Uniqlo +J

From the final collection of +J 
Jill Sander and Uniqlo collaboration.


WHAT I WORE: tip to toe!
top, skirt- Uniqlo +J
shoes- Ferragamo*
scarf- Pucci
*vintage

If you've never shopped at Uniqlo it's like a Japanese version of H&M. They sell inexpensive basics; while the prices aren't as cheap as H&M the garments are better made and the styling is more avant garde. They use more natural fibers than H&M, like wool and cashmere, and are actually well known for their inexpensive 100% cashmere sweaters.  

The Uniqlo +J collection is a collaboration with designer Jill Sander, a German designer known for creating minimalist clothing. On September 7, 2011 the last season of Sander's last season collection for Uniqlo hit the shelves at the Soho store and when I stopped in one week later the supply of available items was decent, but the mood in the +J section (it has its own area and fitting rooms within the store) was frenzied. I picked up a few items, which I love already! 
---
Here is what I'm wearing in the photo above...
 The Extra Fine Cotton Bow Tie Shirt ($50)
The Wool High Waist Tuck Skirt ($60). 
---
HERE IS WHAT ELSE I PURCHASED
"The Fleece Lined Stand Collar Long Sleeve Jacket" ($50) 
(I walk my dog in this every morning!) 

"The Wool Jersey Long Sleeve Dress" ($109)
(I plan to wear this to my company's Christmas party)

Needless to say I blew my clothing budget for the season so I'll be on a shopping ban until after Christmas, but I think it was a very worthy cause!

If you'd like to purchase some +J pieces hurry to the grand opening of the Uniqlo flagship store on New York's Fifth Ave on Friday October 14. Here is a link to the entire collection!

Did  you snag some +J pieces? Leave a comment and tell me what you purchased!

3 comments:

  1. Your white button-up is a classic piece. It'll go the distance for sure. And your black dress for the Christams party is uber cute. All you need is a pair of heels and a statement necklace. You have to post about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep hearing about Uniqlo but haven't perused their line or site... until now. Your fab outfit (I want that skirt!) and other great buys piqued my interest in the company!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! I def want to make a field trip back to NYC to check out the rest of the collection!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think! #breaellis or #weariwent

Powered by Blogger.