Weldon, NC

I recently visited the historic town of Weldon located in North Carolina. 



WHAT I WORE: tip to toe!

{hat- Target// blouse- Ann Taylor// shorts- J.Crew// shoes- J.Crew// bracelet- Madewell// sunglasses- Coach}


You may have spotted Weldon on your way down 95; its the first town in the state after leaving Virginia. The town is known as the ROCK FISH CAPITAL OF THE WORLD and is home to the Roanoke River; their slogan is "Get Hooked On Weldon" and recently they installed an art installation that includes 30 rock fish statues located throughout the town, similar to the DC Panda statues


The centerpiece of this installation is "Rocky" the 4,000 lb striped bass statue, which attracts tons of visitors daily and is an homage to the annual fishing tournaments that take place in Weldon and neighboring towns. 




TO FIND OUT MY FAVORITE RESTAURANT IN THE AREA CLICK "Read More" 

My favorite place to eat is Carolina Kitchen (try the wings and peach cobbler!) the restaurant is located just outside of Weldon city limits in Roanoke Rapids. 

 Sonic and Cracker Barrel are also a nearby treat!

3 comments:

  1. love love the pink and the hat. Perfect vacay outfit!

    Jen
    www.commecoco.cm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree, perfect outfit & more importantly you look relaxed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heart road trips. I mean, with a group of people is cool but I like to drive by myself, too. That way, I can listen to MY music! lolol.

    Glad you had fun.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think! #breaellis or #weariwent

Powered by Blogger.