Clarins Spa at MGM

All photos: (Clyde Jones/Clarins USA)

I recently got invited to check out the Clarins branded spa at the new MGM resort and of course I RSVP'd ASAP. We all know I went to Paris in 2014 with a group of beauty bloggers and studied French beauty brands like Sisley and Le Labo. I mean, if you bring up anything beauty related I'm going to tell you this story, because at this point it's my beauty claim to fame. Ever since that trip if you tell me something (especially a beauty brand) is French you pretty much have me at bonjour. 


I was excited to learn about Clarins and its roots. The brand got its start as a beauty spa on rue Tronchet in Paris, so they know a thing or two about the spa business. And PS the Clarins Group also owns Mugler, whose Fall 2017 Ready-to-Wear collection left me wanting every piece! Most people know the  Clarins brand as the first self tanner they ever tried and others for its fan favorite cellulite cream, which has been around since 1962!




We got information about the brand's foray into makeup. The great thing about Clarins, and most French cosmetics companies, is that their products are always skincare first, cosmetics second. So for example their lipsticks are not only pout-worthy but moisturizing. My favorite make up item was a 4-Colour All-in-One eye and lip liner pen that reminded me of the BIC 4 way ink pens from my childhood. BIC is also a French company...who knew! I've also been getting ALOT of compliments on my skin since using the Hydra Essentiel Hydration products I was gifted. They are great for providing a layer of defense between my skin and the changing climates of the wacky DC Winter weather. I'd love to test out their cooling gel against the of a DC summer. 



Later we got a full tour of the Spa at the MGM and I was so impressed by the facility; especially the men's lounge (definitely take your man/dad/bae for his birthday or father's day) which was thoughtfully designed to let a guy kick back and put his feet up.


I had such a great time and it was my first trip to the MGM resort. I can't wait to plan a spa day and staycation!

1 comment:

  1. This event looked SO fun! I feel like I need to try Clarins products!

    Alissa
    http://www.naturallymeblog.com/

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think! #breaellis or #weariwent

Powered by Blogger.